Ritu Prakash Chhabria
Ritu Prakash Chhabria is a renowned philanthropist and a lady with noble virtues who is
based in Pune Maharashtra, India. She strives in mitigating pain and suffering of the
under-privileged by ensuring they get quality education and by providing excellent
healthcare facilities for these often sidelined members of our society. Live to Give – is a
lesson she learnt at a young age. She kept this at the helm and over the last 22 years
through Mukul Madhav Foundation (MMF), she has touched more than 8 lakh people
across the sectors of healthcare and education.
Mrs Chhabria has been appointed as a Director at Finolex Industries Limited and is
heading their CSR initiative. In 2014 MMF became the official CSR arm of FIL. This
collaboration has strengthened and increased the spectrum of MMF’s work in the fields
of Water Conservation, Social Welfare and Sanitation. Finolex Industries is working in
13 verticals out of 17 from the CSR mandate.
MMF is an approved charity in India and has recently been granted registration in the
UK by the UK Charity Commissioner Office.
She has completed her Major in Economics and Minor in Marketing, Richmond College,
London. Has completed her Masters in International Relations.
From the beginning Mrs. Chhabria realized that it is a circular pathway to support the
underprivileged who are in vulnerable positions. Liaising with government authorities is
a challenging task yet proved to be fruitful for the Foundation. Barriers have been
broken down and smooth functionalities of projects have been completed in the past
Mrs. Chhabria was on Board of Trustee's of Make A Wish Foundation, India 2014 to
2019 and has completed her tenure. Other than this she is a committee member of The
Agri-Horticultural Society of Western India - Empress Botanical Garden. She sits on the
board of Pune Biennale, Independent Ethics Committee of Symbiosis University,
Steering Committee of the Hinduja Foundation and is elected as the Director of Hinduja
Healthcare, Trustee at Bal Kalyan Sanstha, Trustee Karachi Education Society, on the
board of Indian Red Cross Society, Pune, an Honorary member with the Inner Wheel
Club, Pune, Managing Committee member in IMC and recently as Honorary Member,
Rotary Club of Parvati and General Body Member, Society of Friends of Sassoon
Recently she has been appointed as nominee of Hinduja Foundation on the Board of
Management of the P D Hinduja Sindhi Hospital, Bangalore
and Governing Body Member, FICCI FLO National (2021-2022). Nominated on
Governing Body on GCOE, Karad.
Mrs Chhabria has collaborated with (RCPCH) Royal College of Pediatrics and Child
Health, Concern for Mental Health (CFMH) and Healing Little Hearts, Leicester London
to establish a connect to work with Mukul Madhav Foundation. A collaboration was also
created with the Government Health Centre of Israel and trainings have been conducted
in a hospital in Pune.
Both Indian and International collaboration helps the Foundation to enhance and enrich
the learning of both the markets.
The Foundation under her able guidance has received numerous national and
1. Prestigious Global Award organised by the Global Sindhi Council for her
contribution to the field of healthcare, social welfare and education from C
Vidyasagar Rao, Governor, Maharashtra at Raj Bhavan in Mumbai.
2. Felicitated with a "Samman Patra" for the work being done in Satara, to help
children with Cerebral Palsy.
3. She was presented with the "Muktai Award" for her outstanding work in the fields
of Healthcare and Education at the esteemed hands of the Ex. President of India
Shrimati Pratibhatai Patil
4. She been felicitated by Corporate Tycoons, Surya Datta Group of Institutes and
Rotary Club ET Now CSR awards for outstanding work to the society.
5. ABLF (Asian Business Leadership Forum) awarded for excellence in
Philanthrophy at Dubai on 6 th November.
6. Indo European Business Forum – Award for Excellence in CSR at the London
parliament on 19th November.
7. B G Deshmukh award for CSR initiatives of the year by MCCIA on 5 th December
8. The National President (FICCI FLO DELHI) Mrs Harjinder Kaur Talwar 2019-
2020 has awarded her and the Chapter for working towards Sustainable
Development goals for Women along with other Chapter Chairs.
9. Pride of Pune award for the contribution to the society Jan 2020
10. Punyadham Humanitarian Award for excellence in CSR March 2020
11. Presidents Award from British Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (BAPIO)
in London awarded for her philanthropic work to the society. November 2020
12. Mukul Madhav Foundation was awarded CSR Times Award in Silver Category
for Covid Support to the society December 2020
13. Lokmat recognized Mrs. Chhabria as Women Achievers in January 2021
14. Social Entrepreneurship Award from Business World India in April 2021